Why wood-effect tiles are the perfect flooring choice for Kitchens & Bathrooms
For those of you who haven’t yet come across the beauty that is wood-effect tiles, I’m sure you’re mentally debating how realistic they look and whether they even compare to real wood – well, newsflash, they really do! Original Style’s wood-effect tiles are incredibly authentic, created with the latest inkjet technology; they capture the depth and colour of natural wood. These tiles are also supplied with various faces so you can be assured that once these tiles are laid, their realistic nature will continue with minimal pattern repeats.
Not only do our wood-effect tiles look like real wood, but they also feel like real wood as the surface of the tiles feature a texture that mimics raised wood grains and knots – honestly, the resemblance is uncanny.
What makes these tiles even more alluring is that they enable you to have all the charm and natural appeal of real wood but without any of the typically associated drawbacks as they’re made from porcelain. Porcelain is one of the toughest flooring materials available; it’s hard, dense nature means that these tiles are highly durable, water-resistant and can be easily cleaned.
The following showcases a number of additional benefits that wood-effect tiles have when compared to real wood flooring;
- You do not have to worry about wood treatment or on-going maintenance such as stripping, sanding or re-sealing
- They’re impervious to rising damp, mould and decay
- Their non-absorbent porcelain material means these tiles are super hygienic
- These tiles will not burn or release any toxic fumes making them fireproof
- No risk of colour change and the dreaded orange pine!
- Rodent and woodworm proof
- Wear resistant and heel proof, meaning you can keep those stilettos on!
- And, as some of our wood-effect ranges offer a slip-resistant finish, this means you can have these gorgeous, earthy, tiles in wet areas – Hurrah!
It goes without saying that wood-effect tiles are the perfect solution when looking for suitable and stylish kitchen and bathroom flooring. But, don’t take our word for it, the best way to fully appreciate the detail and authenticity of these tiles is to visit your nearest retailer who will be able to either show you a display or order samples for you to peruse - we promise you won’t be disappointed (you can thank us later).