1st Line Support
Date Posted: 10 May 2022
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: ICT Manager
Purpose Of the role
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team, acting as a first point of contact for the support of applications and ICT infrastructure for the internal userbase.
Working within the ICT team you will respond to incoming support requests via the companies Service Desk application or telephone. Thereafter you will be responsible for initial investigation, qualification and categorisation all support tickets. You will apply known fixes where available, escalating to 3rd line specialists, developers or external partners for guidance and assistance where necessary.
- Logging, categorising, investigating and resolving technical issues raised by the userbase.
- Maintenance and cleansing of the Active Directory database, creating new user accounts, maintaining permissions and removing obsolete objects.
- Supporting the company’s Business Management System, POS application and line of business applications.
- Supporting the companies RDS infrastructure, troubleshooting logons and the desktop environment.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues and supporting remote workers.
- Provisioning and roll-out of new connected devices (laptops, smart phones, thin clients, POS clients and warehouse scanning equipment).
- You will have a security first mindset, supporting and assisting the patch management program. and ensuring that all configuration and permissions applied comply with ICT security best practices.
- Collaborating with area specialists to expand your knowledgebase and deliver more first-time fixes.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge working on projects rolling out new sites, infrastructure and applications.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- An enthusiasm for IT with a motivation to develop your skillset and adopt new technologies.
- Strong people skills you will enjoy helping people and gain satisfaction from resolving issues.
- An understanding of Windows Server and Active Directory.Appreciation of the fundamental principles of Business Management / ERP applications and their deployment within a multi-disciplined environment (retail, distribution and manufacturing).
- An appreciation of the fundamental principles of Business Management / ERP and POS applications.
- An understanding of networking fundamentals including Routing, DHCP and DNS.
- No specific experience or qualification is necessary but the following skills would prove a distinct advantage:
- In addition, the following skills would prove a distinct advantage:
- Previous experience in a 1st line support environment.
- Prior experience with POS and/or e-commerce applications.
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV.
- Previous experience supporting a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Exposure to Azure AD, Teams and Office 365 applications.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition, there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company. Original Style has adopted a blended working approach with a hybrid working from home/office environment; however, the role may be based solely from our primary offices in Exeter if desired.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.