Area Sales Manager (Midlands and Wales)
Date Posted: 27 November 2019
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Assoicate UK and Export Sales Director
Purpose Of the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, energetic individual with a flair for interior design to join a successful global manufacturer and distributor of floor and wall tiles within their U.K. Sales Team.
The purpose of this role is to develop/exceed sales levels against set Company targets, to research leads, opening accounts where appropriate and in line with corporate strategy, and to maintain/improve long term customer relationships. The incumbent will become a specialist within the field, feeding back information on all aspects of the Porcelain and ceramic market, including product trends and competitor operations. There is also expectation that the individual will stay within territory away from home / and or work outside of normal hours on occasion to maximise visibility with the client network and sales time in call.
- Develop and deliver a call plan that coupled with agreed KPI, will drive Company sales and develop dealer relationships.
- Maintain and create a rapport with new and existing dealer networks within the Area Sales Representative’s geographic territory.
- Provide feedback to internal departments such as Customer Services, Marketing, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse to aid ongoing territory growth.
- Become a product expert through training and by researching company literature, such as brochures for product/technical information and prices.
- Provide relevant and consistent feedback to the Associate Director - Sales and Sales Co-ordinator in line with requests made, job responsibilities.
- Ensure CRM accuracy and through effective reporting/planning understand how these tools help to drive sales growth.
- Deliver new product, brand and technical presentations.
- Meet on-going customer service requirements, as needed. Work closely with assigned Customer Service Advisor and Customer Service Manager.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Demonstrate a successful field sales track record, ideally B2B sales.
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able communicate product information clearly and concisely. The successful incumbent will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be articulate in their delivery of their sales presentation.
- Have a talent for presenting a product and brand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing (including social media) and how this helps develop sales growth.
- Understand interior design / fashion and or have a sales background within the tile / bathroom industry sector.
- Be very social and outgoing but having the ability to spend time on their own on the road and in hotels, when required to stay away overnight on business.
- Have an enjoyment of driving with a full (ideally clean) driving licence.
- Be IT literate - competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be highly organised with good route planning and time management skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices with parking close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.