Assistant Stock Controller
Date Posted: 5 November 2019
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Stock Controller
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Warehouse Team, responsible for assisting the Stock Controller with all stock movements and levels within the Company. Try to be willing and pro-actively push through changes to stock systems and to give greater control of stock. Try to reduce the potential for stock errors.
- Dealing with all sales order pre-orders from external sites.
- Dealing with all Retail store inter-branch transfers.
- Carry out all “batch check” requests from the Customer Services Teams.
- Maintain working stock levels of all products within W1 that are stored off site (GD / MR).
- Assist with the booking in of all stock receipts whether from our own manufacturing division or from external suppliers.
- Assist with the identification of all discrepancies between delivery notes and actual delivered quantities, and liaising with the appropriate buyer to ensure the problems is resolved on a timely basis.
- Assist in the control of all stock transfers between different warehouses in the Company, such as Displays, Production, Retail stores etc.
- Identification of all low stock products in the shops, and generating stock transfer notes to replenish the stock. Constant reviews of this stock to maintain the right level.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of all stock levels.
- Assist in the control of all stock write-offs and GRN’s and updating the system accordingly. Investigating all write-off’s that do not seem correct or are greater than an agreed value. If the write-off is due to a system or human error, to propose a system that will resolve the problem and to implement.
- Assist with the identification and consolidation of stock bin-ends.
- Work with the relevant staff to implement a new stock control system including bar codes, batch control, warehouse location etc.
- Provide support for all stock counts, reviewing results of counts performed and ensuring these are completed on a regular basis in line with company’s policies. Investigation of significant errors resulting from counts performed.
- Creation of bills of materials (BOM) and amendments to BOM’s as required by the Displays Production Team
- Provide cover to the loading of works orders for display production and completion of works orders.
- Provide cover for the stock controller in their absence.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Show evidence of working to tight time scales and budgets.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Have the ability to check data and identify and correct errors.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to interact at all levels.
- Be willing to stand up to all colleagues at any level to resolve and propose changes to systems that are not working. Not willing to take no for an answer when required.
- Be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of a department’s resources and timescales.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.