Business Application & Reporting Specialist
Date Posted: 18 August 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: ICT Manager
Purpose Of the role
The Business Application & Reporting Specialist is responsible for monitoring, reporting and administration of the Company’s Business Management & POS solutions, integration components and associated processes. In partnership with key stake holders and departmental heads maintaining and expanding the report catalogue to support business operations and assist key decision makers achieve their goals.
Working within the ICT Department you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the Company’s reporting catalogue. You will create meaningful datasets based on definitions and criteria specified by the report consumers. You will select the best toolset for presenting the output based on the requirements of the userbase.
You will oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity and availability of data contained within the Business Management System and integrated applications. You will make sure that the processes required for the business to function are running smoothly, acting as a point of contact to fix Business Management automation and integration related issues.
You will be required to work alongside developers to assist with identification and diagnosis of application related errors.
- Authoring reports by creating and extracting datasets to support business decisions. Utilising the appropriate tools to display, distribute and control access to the resulting output.
- Verifying and cleansing data to ensure completeness and accuracy. Encouraging data entry operatives to create and maintain accurate data for analysis purposes.
- Monitor standard processes and scheduled routines for errors. Thereafter investigate and resolve any problems that are identified.
- Monitor integration components and resolve issues with transaction flows.
- Working with colleagues in the Retail Showrooms to assist with and progress related transactions.
- Identify application deficiencies, assisting application developers to specify, test, document and deploy fixes.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Knowledge of Business Management systems methodologies and fundamental principles.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel knowledge and prior experience with database reporting tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a structured approach to problem solving with good attention to detail.
- Possess highly developed analytical skills.
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to process map.
- Attention to detail with a desire to take ownership of issues to their completion.
- A proactive approach to problem solving with a methodical investigative technique.
- Ability to work under pressure either on their own or as a part of a wider team.
- No specialist applications knowledge is required but the following skills would prove a distinct advantage:
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV
- Prior experience with POS and/or e-commerce applications.
- Experience with Business Central reporting tools including SSRS and/or Jet reports would be highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with BI Tools such as Power BI.
- Awareness of accounting principles as they pertain to commercial transactions in a Business Management system.
- Capacity to train and encourage staff and promote accurate data entry.
- General knowledge of business operations, processes, objectives and information flow in a distribution / retail environment or similar.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.