Customer Service Outbound Logistics Adviser
Date Posted: 12 March 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Department: EXPORT & U.S.A. CUSTOMER SERVICES
Reports To: EXPORT AND U.S.A. CUSTOMER SERVICES SUPERVISOR AND BUSINESS MANAGER FOR EXPORT AND U.S.A.
Purpose Of the role
Form an integral part of the Export and U.S.A. customer service department managing the outbound movement of goods and the logistical support / customs compliance requirement combined with customer service support.
- Export Requirements:
- Provide the link between the customer services team and the carrier / Freight Forwarder.
- Negotiate rates and obtain spot rates from carriers.
- Complete the necessary documentation to instigate international movements.
- Book the onward transportation via Ben Becker in house system for European movements.
- Maintain the in house SDS (Shipping Documentation System) keeping the Company compliant.
- Provide guidance on export requirements, i.e. documentation; customs controls; INCO terms, packaging regulations, commodity codes, and customs updates etc.
- Work with Finance to audit and approve carrier invoices.
- Work with the Freight Controller to maintain knowledge and keep up to date with changing requirements.
- Provide general customer service support to English speaking markets where necessary.
- U.S.A. Requirements:
- Complete the weekly sea freight and airfreight documentation for replenishment shipments.
- Control the daily courier sample and commercial shipments from the U.K.
- Complete the billing and administration on American domestic orders.
- Provide general support to the America Customer Services Team.
- Work in conjunction with the American broker in import shipments.
- Assist in the logistical requirements for direct shipments.
- Liaise with Barrett Distribution regarding inbound/outbound shipments.
- Produce quotations via the Banyan freight system.
- Health and Safety:
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- be a good team player with strong communication and ICT skills;
- be highly organised with a methodical approach and attention to detail.;
- have the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet tight deadlines;
- possess previous knowledge of export procedures an advantage;
- be customer focused in providing a high level of support;
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.