Export Customer Services Advisor - German, French & English Speaking
Date Posted: 6 February 2019
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Department: Customer Services
Reports To: Export Customer Services Supervisor and Business Manager for Export & USA
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Original Style Export Customer Services Team. Providing a high level of customer support, utilising language skills to maximise the customer experience. Responsible for processing orders and solving customer queries whilst complying with the documentary requirements for the Export market.
- Receiving and making telephone calls in the relevant language, ensuring all calls are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
- Processing orders received via telephone, fax and email onto the ERP system, ensuring the customer details and ordered products are accurately entered and confirmations of orders are sent to customers.
- Responding to and solving customer problems / queries / complaints, accurately detailing all communication and activity on the infor CRM system.
- Processing of customer credits.
- Supporting and liaising with the Sales Representatives with regards to queries relating to customer details, display products and inputting of orders.
- Assisting customers with floor plans and quantity calculations.
- Liaising with warehouse / carriers with reference to distribution.
- Liaising with the Freight Controller and freight forwarders to obtain transport quotes and book freight.
- Ensuring all correct export shipping documentation is obtained and filed electronically on the shipping document system to provide an accurate audit trail.
- Ensuring customer data on infor CRM System is up-to-date and complete.
- Taking credit card payments.
- Assisting the credit control department by highlighting any issues with customer accounts and contacting customers in order to resolve these in the relevant language.
- Assisting in translating and checking translations for various departments such as marketing, goods-in and purchasing.
- Completing various administrative tasks.
- Working with the team to achieve various other tasks as required.
- Attending meetings and product training sessions as required.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Ideally be a German or French national who is fluent in German, French and English.
- Be proficient in formal writing skills in German, French and English.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a confident, pleasant telephone manner.
- Have a knowledge/understanding of export documentation (desirable).
- Working in a team, but also enhancing that team
- Have accurate keyboard skills and experience of data entry.
- Have proven customer service / sales order processing experience.
- Be a quick and adaptable learner.
- Be enthusiastic and confident with a desire to strive towards continuous improvement.
- Be IT literate with good MS Office skills; training will be given as necessary.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be educated to a good standard - A’ levels or equivalent. Basic mathematical ability essential.
- Be able to distinguish colour ranges.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.