Export Sales Representative - Rest Of World
Date Posted: 18 October 2017
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling approximately 200 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, IT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Department: EXPORT SALES - MIDDLE EAST, AUSTRALASIA, INDIA AND EMERGING MARKETS
Reports To: ASSOCIATE U.K. AND EXPORT SALES DIRECTOR
Purpose Of the role
We are seeking an experienced international sales individual who can demonstrate a proven track record within multiple cultures and environments.
Working with established dealers / clients, whilst simultaneously developing a strong sales pipelines within the defined geographic territory. The level of travel expected will be in the region of 120 working days per annum, which will include periods of 2-3 three weeks travel away at a given time.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing distributors and retailers following strategy set out by the company to drive sales.
- Research, plan and execute a sales development strategy with the HOS for new business opportunities, within retail and B2B channels.
- Develop a network of prospects in line with channel strategy including designers, architects and contractors.
- Provide feedback to internal departments such as Customer Services, Marketing, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse to aid ongoing territory growth
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to persuade and influence, and be assertive.
- Be proactive with an awareness of business needs
- Be able to adapt during sales presentations if the meeting changes from the agreed plan.
- Be able to produce timely reports, gather data and compile information.
- Possess a good understanding of Marketing and techniques to develop the brand.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to be able communicate from grass roots to board level.
- The successful incumbent will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be articulate in their delivery of their sales presentation to an individual, group, team or seminar.
- Be socially engaging, outgoing and comfortable with your own company.
- Be willing to travel abroad (circa 120 working days a year) with a full (ideally clean) driving licence.
- Be IT literate, with intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Be highly organised with good route planning and time management skills.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- A second language is not mandatory but would be a benefit.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition, there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate,Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.