Date Posted: 4 November 2020
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Finance Director
Purpose Of the role
A critical role in the Original Style Finance Team, responsible for maintaining the control environment of the business, whilst developing business processes and reporting. Reporting will be throughout the organisation and will contribute to Commercial decisions and monitoring requirements.
Supported by an established Management Accountant and Finance Team, the Financial Controller role will transition to be the primary role for Finance.
- Maintenance and development of standard processes and controls, throughout the business Monitor existing processes and controls within the business, evaluating areas of development. Maintain a reporting framework for effect business controls.
- Transitional management of the Finance Department Supervise direct reports, providing objectives and feedback. Build collaborative relationship with other senior finance team members.
- Standard Business Reporting and investigation Maintain and improve the standard business reporting. This will involve completing and evolving standard reports on a variety of frequencies. Interpret reports and provide explanation and conclude investigations
- Commercial Analysis With the guidance of the Finance Director or Board, carry out various analysis and provide deliverables as required. Provide support in development of new business opportunities and improvement projects. Effectively communicate results to a variety of audiences.
- Management & Financial Account processes Responsibility for elements of the monthly management accounts process, including investigation and interpretation of results. Preparation of elements of the financial accounts and assistance in audit process.
- Cover within department where required, including: Treasury planning. External submissions.
- Health and Safety Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
- These are the main functions of the job but the incumbent may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the demands of the business.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Possess previous experience as a Financial Controller or Similar level.
- Show evidence of working to tight timescales and balancing priorities.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the Company’s resources and timescales.
- Possess an open style of collaborative working to ensure the development of the finance team
- Demonstrate strong MS Excel skills and good MS Office skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Have strong investigation skills with an understanding of effective controls.
- Demonstrate analytical ability.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.