Marketing Analyst (Part-time, Three to Four days a week)
Date Posted: 1 June 2018
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling approximately 200 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, IT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: Commercial Director
Hours: Part-Time Three to Four days a week
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Marketing Team, responsible for conducting market research reports focusing on our main market sectors, identifying distribution channels, pricing points, competitor analysis and opportunities to improve business efficiency and growth.
- Research the U.K. and Export tile markets and the Company’s position within each sector.
- Produce lists and reports on our target market sectors, identifying potential customers.
- Complete regular competitor product and pricing reviews, identifying opportunities for further product development and business growth.
- Fulfil other identified research briefs to aid moving the business forward.
- U.K. and overseas travel will be required to fulfil research briefs.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be educated to degree level or higher, ideally in marketing or business.
- Possess excellent communication skills, especially on the phone and via a computer.
- Demonstrate experience in research methodologies and data collection techniques.
- Be numeric and able to exhibit evidence of strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Demonstrate a proven ability in report writing and preparing briefs.
- Substantiate the ability to work to tight timescales and budgets.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Be a self starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s/Company’s resources and timescales.
- Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills.
- Possess a valid driving licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts and childcare vouchers.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices with parking close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.