Office Administrator - Optional full-time or part-time role
Date Posted: 12 February 2020
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Purpose Of the role
To facilitate the correct and efficient flow of office procedures. To support the office Directors by performing typical office duties and assisting the Human Resources (HR) Team by completing HR administrative tasks.
A resource to record the objectives and minutes of key meetings.
- Construct and type varying kinds of communication. For example, letters, reports, spreadsheets, graphs, presentations for the Directors.
- Competently take, produce and distribute, in a timely manner, clear, concise minutes and objectives from meetings.
- Diary management via Outlook, organising meetings etc.
- Preparation of documents required for meetings; reminding the relevant Director, in a timely manner, of any actions which need to be completed prior to the meeting.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director’s P.A., negotiate yearly hotel and car hire rate.
- Arrange hire car and pool car bookings for staff.
- Source and book the most cost effective business travel, hire cars etc. for Directors.
- Edit and disseminate reports following business trips.
- Appropriately liaise with other departments within the Company on behalf of the Directors.
- Arrange meetings with relevant people and organise refreshments as required.
- Confidentially provide some personal administration support for the Director. For example, insurance/maintenance administration for U.K. properties, cars, health.
- Assist in recruitment administration. For example, logging and acknowledging Curriculum Vitae, arranging interviews.
- Assist in scanning and filing (electronic and paper) employee information in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 which supplements the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679 EU) (GDPR) (abbreviated to DPA/GDPR).
- Responsible for the administration of agency temporary workers and outworkers in line with the DPA/GDPR.
- Responsible for ensuring staff photographs are updated on SharePoint.
- Assist in conductive periodic checks on relevant employees’ driving licences.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Strong administration skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent minute taking ability.
- Proactive and able to act on own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT ability, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good geographical knowledge (domestic and foreign) with significant experience of travel planning.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Experience in competently dealing with people at all levels; approachable.
- A good team player with the ability to work well in a team and liaise with other departments.
- Ideally be able to drive a car and hold a full (ideally clean) driving licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.