PR and Digital Communications Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover)
Date Posted: 6 July 2018
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling circa 245 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, ICT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Department: MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Reports To: MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Purpose Of the role
A key part of the Marketing Team, responsible for the delivery of high quality, creative communication to press, industry bodies and customers, in line with Company guidelines and marketing strategy.
- Co-ordinate all PR and communications activity, both in print and online (including social media), building the Company profile and raising brand awareness.
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop the external communications, PR and social media strategy which covers markets in the U.K. and overseas (continental Europe and the U.S.A.).
- Plan and implement PR and social media schedules for national and international home interest and trade media, with earned media being a priority.
- Create copy for the Company’s websites, social media accounts and press releases, news articles, and dealer communications, in accordance with the external communication strategy.
- Work with journalists and digital influencers to ensure coverage and collaboration opportunities with the greatest exposure potential.
- Create, implement and measure the success of social media campaigns, including paid-for content.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all press coverage and advertising across the businesses; collate and provide monthly reports and update the team with all PR and social media activity.
- Fulfil all press and digital influencers’ enquiries / sample / image / copy requests professionally and promptly.
- Review and update website content and social media activity for Original Style Limited, The Winchester Tile Company, Designworks, Dorset Woolliscroft and the Original Style Retail Stores.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team co-ordinate correspondence to the dealer network.
- Represent the Company externally and act as a spokesperson as and when required.
- Work with the Marketing and New Product Development Teams; devise and implement PR support for all new product launches.
- Co-ordinate all PR events for Original Style Limited, The Winchester Tile Company, Designworks, Dorset Woolliscroft and the Original Style Retail Stores.
- Maintain an efficient image library and database of contacts / press and freelance journalists.
- Ensure that all Company routes to market receive sufficient communication support, which might include taking part in and co-ordinating trade shows and special events, assisting with photo shoots, trend and competition analysis and getting involved in home makeovers, charity events and television programmes.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- have a proven track record of PR in a consumer environment, preferably within the retail and/or interior design industry;
- have a proven track record of developing and implementing creative PR and digital campaigns and solutions;
- have experience of using social media as a marketing tool;
- show evidence of working to tight time scales and budgets;
- have a proven track record of developing positive relationships with stake holders and media;
- show good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible, adaptable approach;
- be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s resources and timescales.
- Experience using professional communications software such as Gorkana, Press Loft, ResponseSource, Hootsuite (or similar) and a good understanding of audience expectations across various social media platforms.
- Experience working within the home decor and build business sectors.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate,Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.