Date Posted: 11 September 2020
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Associate Production Director and Production Planner
Purpose Of the role
- Help in production planning and stock control for all units.
- Create stock transfer sheets for W1 stock and process works orders for items sent to W1.
- Book in and transfer stock from Production to Warehouse on Sage.
- Source products/services for Production site when needed (consumables/maintenance on machinery etc.) and raise Purchase Orders for them.
- Sign off invoices for temporary agency staff and for other items/services bought for Production site.
- Organise all cutting and machining done in-house for bespoke orders (including ordering the stock).
- Work with purchasing to ensure Factory is replenished with any necessary items including (tiles/boxes/consumables/stationary).
- Answer telephones / respond to emails regarding production planning and lead times.
- Perform self-certification/back to work interviews following on from staff absences.
- Check clock cards and record overtime/sickness/holiday onto spreadsheet for Finance department and HR.
- Record temporary staff hours and send to relevant agencies and Finance department.
- Work with the Mechanical/Electrical Engineer in producing Electrical Certification documents for all Original Style sites.
- Organise bisque production in Unit C and ensure minimum stock levels for all bisque produced in-house.
- Monitor and record glaze return on a regular basis
- Record and process bisque stock write offs monthly
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
- Keep up-to-date staff and agency temporary staff records.
- Keep notice boards up-to-date
- Order cleaning products/staff consumables.
- Process weekly stock write-offs.
- Various inputting/scanning for other production paperwork (daily sheets/glaze returns/kiln diaries/lines checks).
- Help with staff queries such as sickness, holidays and pay.
- Create new codes and BOM for products manufactured in-house.
- Maintain accurate staff lists and print clock cards ready for each week.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills, in particular Excel.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s resources and timescales.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Be literate and numerate (including fractions, percentages and formulas).
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and a confidential approach to all work.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.