Date Posted: 14 January 2022
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Associate Production Director
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Production Team, Production Operatives have an important role in the manufacture and quality testing of our own produced ceramic tile.
- Ensuring the tile production lines are running effectively and efficiently.
- Setting up dipping lines.
- Loading and unloading tiles on the dipping lines.
- To maintain high levels of Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure the cranks and equipment are kept clean and the work area tidy.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- possess a good standard of numeracy and literacy;
- demonstrate a good understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices;
- have a positive attitude and high energy;
- work well under pressure;
- have the ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented to them;
- possess a strong team spirit.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 20 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style has parking and is close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.