Date Posted: 18 November 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Associate Production Director
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Production Team. Responsible for planning all aspects of production lines, units and staff to ensure and maintain a consistent stock level of all manufactured goods in the main warehouse.
Liaise with sales teams and customer service staff regarding updates and lead times of customer orders and stock levels.
Maintain sufficient stock levels of all raw materials within the production facility.
- Oversee all aspects of Production planning for all units.
- Work alongside the Associate Production Director to ensure the smooth operation of Production facilities.
- Support the ongoing system development for manufacturing within the Company’s ERP system Business Central.
- Monitor stock levels and backorders within the system ensuring consistent stock replenishment of manufactured goods.
- Liaise with and assist the Purchasing Department with raw materials forecasting and requirements.
- Oversee and assist all other office administration where needed and ensure all other tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Create new or modify existing B.O.Ms where needed ensuring material and labour requirements are accurate.
- Work closely with the Glaze & Glazing Manager to ensure maximum capacity output from all production lines.
- Sign off invoices for temporary agency staff, Outworkers and for other items/services bought against the Production site.
- Organise all cutting and machining completed in-house for bespoke orders.
- Answer telephones / respond to emails regarding production planning and lead times.
- Supervise the production office administrative support.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- be IT literate, with good MS Office skills, in particular Excel;
- have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach;
- be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s resources and timescales;
- possess good communication skills;
- be literate and numerate (including fractions, percentages and formulas
- demonstrate trustworthiness and a confidential approach to all work.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.