Date Posted: 20 September 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Senior Buyer
Purpose Of the role
Responsible for providing administrative support to a busy Purchasing Team.
- Ensuring accuracy of key raw materials at production facility and advising amendments as required.
- Raising Purchase Orders for stock as appropriate and expediting in line with production requirement.
- Packaging call-off – order packing and consumables as required for all warehouses.
- Assessing Bills of Material and ensuring accurate costs are being accrued.
- Assessing stock levels of finished goods and re-ordering where appropriate.
- Sourcing and re-ordering machinery and consumable parts for production facility.
- Expediting all purchase orders including refractory items.
- Provide administration support for the Buyers.
- Updating purchase prices on in-house system and assist with the upkeep of information with in-house system.
- Contacting and liaising with foreign suppliers.
- Providing support and cover for the Purchasing Department during periods of holiday and illness.
- Assist in the transition to UKCA marking, under the guidance of the wider team.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills; able to converse confidently on the telephone.
- Be numerate and IT literate, with good MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s/Company’s resources and timescales.
- Show evidence of working to tight timescales and budgets.
- Educated to a minimum of A’ Level standard.
- Ideally have a minimum of two years’ experience within an administrative role.
- A full (ideally clean) U.K. driving licence would be required
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.