Retail Creative Designer
Date Posted: 29 September 2020
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Product Marketing Manager
Purpose Of the role
A key member of the Product Marketing Team, managing the design aspect of the Original Style Showrooms and co-ordinating the marketing and merchandising activity across the wider dealer network.
- Manage layout and creative aspects of existing Retail showroom modifications, working with key stakeholders to ensure products are well represented and presented.
- Work with Associate Retail Showrooms Director and Property & Facilities Manager to plan and design new Retail showrooms, taking the lead on creative design.
- Manage the visual merchandising of new and existing stores, working to agreed budgets and deadlines as appropriate. This will involve working closely with the Communications Team to ensure consistency of branding is maintained at all times.
- Make design recommendations for tile displays within selected UK, Export and USA dealers, managing aspects of installation as required.
- Act as the main Marketing point of contact for ASMs across all routes to market to manage bespoke in-store displays.
- Manage the creative design of the Clerkenwell Showroom for the Contracts division, Designworks Tiles. This will include working closely with members of the DWT team as well as managing external design and build agencies.
- Work closely with external suppliers where required, maintaining high standards and completing projects to specification and within budget.
- Oversee market research and analytics of the retail sector as required.
- Oversee promotional strategies such as advertising and communication of the stores, creating artwork and point of sale as required, working closely with the Marketing Communications team.
- Ability to interpret display reports and sales information and apply it in an appropriate way.
- Domestic travel will be required, and where appropriate European travel to partner showrooms.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of the work.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- demonstrate strong 2D and 3D skills and design creativity;
- possess sound problem-solving and analytical skills;
- strong practical skills are highly desirable;
- have a working knowledge of Adobe & Microsoft Office software;
- be able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing positive working relationships with internal and external stake holders;
- show evidence of working to tight time scales and budgets;
- show good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible, adaptable approach;
- be a self-starter with the ability work on own initiative, but within the confines of the department’s resources and timescales.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.