Retail Stores External Sales Representative - Based in Bristol/Bath
Date Posted: 18 April 2018
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling approximately 200 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, IT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: Head of Retail Stores
Purpose Of the role
To generate new business via tilers, bathroom installers, shop fitters, builders, architects, specifiers, developers and other decision makers via Original Style’s own retail stores. The incumbent will relish in the challenge of winning new business, finding solutions and building long term relationships within this sector
- Research, identify and contact potential new business and customers.
- Travelling within close proximity to our South West stores, conduct product meetings and presentations with our target market.
- Develop and maintain a rapport with new and existing clients within the geographic territory.
- Working together with the retail stores to achieve specifications and subsequently following through to sale by recommending, selecting, and helping locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Keeping up to date with current trends and project leads through research and communicating with industry contacts.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Being an outgoing and confident person who is passionate about design and people is important.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- The ability to organise meetings and weekly plans effectively, to enable them to maximise their efficiency while in a specific store location.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Be a talented communicator.
- A clear understanding of the specification and design process and design background is a bonus but not a pre requisite.
- IT literate with good MS Office skills.
- A strong self-starter, who is able to work independently, self-managing their time and priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to be persuasive and able to influence people.
- Ideally, the person will have proven past sales experience preferably dealing with architects/specifiers/house builders etc.
- Possess a valid full driving licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate,Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.