Showroom based Sales Manager
Date Posted: 3 May 2019
Designworks Tiles is the dedicated B2B arm of Original Style, one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers and distributors. Our aim is to deliver high quality, innovative and bespoke products and specialist services to support a diverse design and construction industry.
Department: Contract Sales
Reports To: Associate Contract Sales Director
Purpose Of the role
Based in our state of the art showroom in Clerkenwell you will be responsible for generating new business from the local area and maximising the potential from client appointments in the showroom.
- Travelling within the local area to conduct product meeting and presentations with our target market.
- Develop and maintain a rapport with new and existing clients within the geographic territory.
- Achieving specification and subsequently following through to sale.
- Keeping up to date with current trends and project leads through research and communicating with industry contacts.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Most importantly you will need to be outgoing, confident, and passionate about design and people.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Be a talented communicator.
- A clear understanding of the specification and design process and design background is a bonus but not a pre requisite.
- You will be IT literate with good MS Office skills.
- A strong self-starter, who is able to work independently, self-managing your time and priorities.
- Ideally, you will have past sales experience of dealing with architects/specifiers/house builders etc.
- You must possess a valid full driving licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style’s London based showroom is in Clerkenwell, EC1. The head office is based in Exeter, Devon.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.