Showroom Warehouse Operative / Delivery Driver - Glasgow
Date Posted: 27 May 2022
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Retail Manager
Purpose Of the role
To work within the Showroom team to ensure efficient, safe and accurate handling of all stock and to also provide a high quality delivery service.
- Responsible for the loading, transporting and delivery of goods to customers in a timely, safe and polite manner.
- To accurately and efficiently pick and pack orders, ensuring limited damages.
- Loading and unloading of customers’ vehicles in a safe manner.
- To unload and organise internal and external deliveries, accurately checking and receipting the goods received.
- To maintain a high level of stock accuracy, including regular stock counts, reducing stock discrepancies and write offs.
- To ensure work areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle log.
- To provide Showroom cover as and when required, assisting customers and answering the phone.
- Maintain a well organised and efficient warehouse and sample room, ensuring all products and orders are accurately labelled.
- To perform any reasonable request made by your manager.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- demonstrate an excellent knowledge of a 40-mile radius around the showroom;
- exhibit good timekeeping skills;
- possess a good standard of numeracy and literacy;
- be computer literate and have a basic understanding of Microsoft programmes;
- demonstrate a good understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices;
- have a positive attitude and high energy;
- work well under pressure;
- have the ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented to them;
- maintain a smart appearance at all times.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style’s retail showroom in Glasgow can be found at Building A, Hillington Point, 72-74 Kelvin Avenue, Hillington Park, Glasgow, G52 4LT
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.