Date Posted: 13 September 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Reports To: Senior Buyer
Purpose Of the role
Responsible for co-ordinating between Contract Sales and Purchasing departments. Expediting the order of stock and samples where appropriate.
- Developing, processing and expediting enquiries from Contracts Department for bespoke items.
- Liaising with Contracts Department to ensure accurate information is gathered.
- Informing and supporting relevant Buyers in quoting on enquiries and acquiring samples where necessary.
- Maintaining accurate detailed records of all enquiries.
- Identifying items for re-ordering for approval by Senior Buyer.
- Processing approved orders and expediting accordingly.
- Liaising with Contracts Sales representatives where necessary.
- Ordering non-stock items as and when required.
- Responsible for small sourcing projects.
- Meeting with suppliers both within the UK and abroad to develop relationships, resolve outstanding issues and source new material.
- Source and propose new products to New Product Development Forum.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be highly organised with a methodical approach.
- Be able to work quickly under pressure to resolve issues.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills. Able to converse confidently on the telephone and by email.
- Be IT numerate and literate, with good MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Accurate in all aspects of work with a meticulous approach to record keeping.
- Work with own initiative, determine source of problems and provide potential solutions.
- Show evidence of working to tight timescales and budgets.
- Show an appetite for work and learning, with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Ideally have experience of working in an office environment.
- Educated to a minimum of A’ Level standard.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Business Central would be advantageous.
- Show ability to learn quickly, and transfer skills to other sections of the departments.
- A full (ideally clean) driving licence would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of Italian and Spanish would be advantageous but not essential
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 26 days with service) plus public holidays, staff discounts and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.