Supervisor in Production Facility
Date Posted: 16 March 2018
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling approximately 200 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, IT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: ASSOCIATE PRODUCTION DIRECTOR
Hours: Full-Time Hours (34 hours per week) Monday to Thursday: 13:00 – 22:00, with 30 minutes unpaid break and 10 minutes paid break (8·5 hours per day)
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Production Team, the Supervisor has a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of the manufacture and quality testing of our own produced ceramic tile.
- Ultimately to successfully supervise the unit.
- Ensure the tile production lines are running effectively and efficiently for the following:
- machine screen printing,
- digital printing.
- Responsible for the quality control checks on the tiles, e.g. colour shading.
- In charge of ensuring the tiles are packed proficiently and adequately.
- Ability to work effectively in all areas of the operation, especially machine screen & digital printing and quality control.
- Leading the team from the front.
- Provide training to the team.
- Utilise the small team to maximise their output from a quality as well as quantity perspective.
- An adept problem solver for the operation.
- Plan available time to ensure that the planned work schedule is met in liaison with the Production Planner.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Ideally have some experience of tile production.
- Demonstrate a proactive and focused approach to production.
- Ideally be used to working in a production environment.
- Have a hands-on approach.
- Be mechanically and technically competent to be able to run all the equipment efficiently and to be able to resolve equipment problems to avoid stopping production.
- Demonstrate that they are trustworthy to run the team and lock up the site.
- Willing to be trained as a fully qualified first aider.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate,Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.