10 reasons to choose wood effect porcelain tiles
Friday 6 November 2015, Written by
Wooden flooring can be beautiful. But there are many areas where it is simply not suitable around the home. Now you can get the effect without the disadvantages of real wood with our amazing range of Tileworks wood effect tiles made from porcelain, including the new Canela and Ash Tree from our latest Autumn Collection, with co-ordinating clapboard effect planking for walls.
They really do look like real wood, from dark tones to a pale, bleached effect
- There is so much choice so there is bound to be one that will look stunning, whatever your room style
- Can be used near hot stoves and fireplaces and also in bathrooms and kitchens where wood and wood laminates can suffer from constant exposure to water splashes
- Long lasting and very hard wearing
- Porcelain tiles, once installed, will stay flat. Wood and particularly wood laminates can curl up over time
- Suitable to use with underfloor heating
- Some have very low slip potential, so perfect for bathrooms and also as garden decking
- Low maintenance - easy to keep clean and there is no need for regular wax, wood oil or other special treatments
- These tiles won't drastically fade or change colour (wood planking can fade in strong sunlight)
- You can even put them on the wall and other vertical surfaces
For more on our Tileworks range and the latest Autumn Collection head over to this week's Style File. For more inspiration visit our Pinterest boards, and if you've installed some Tileworks wood effect tiles, let us know via Twitter.