A-Z of Tiling L is for Large Format Tiles
Wednesday 3 February 2016, Written by
The trend for upsizing has been around for a while: think big kitchen appliances like fridges and range cookers, combining kitchens and dining rooms into one large space, large windows and bifold doors to link outside spaces to inside. Large sized tiles for walls and floors are also enjoying huge popularity and look very much at home in these large spaces (large format tiles are classed as 600 x 300mm and over).
- Large format tiles can make rooms like kitchens and bathrooms look bigger - fewer and narrower grout lines give a sleek finish
- You need fewer tiles, resulting in faster installation
- The choice is huge, from porcelain tiles with realistic effects of natural stone, metal and concrete finishes, and real natural stone such as marble andlimestone
- Glass tiles and splashbacks are a brilliant way of reflecting light around a kitchen
- Large format tiles can be used on walls or floors. In fact they look even better when teamed together on both surfaces
Head over to this week's Style File for even more reasons why large format tiles are a great choice, and as always visit our Pinterest boards for more inspiration.