Inspiration for some of the designs seen in Artworks Collection came from art and architecture from as far back as ancient Greece and Rome. It goes to show that good taste and style are timeless, so Artworks tiles will look beautiful in both contemporary and traditionally styled homes.
Some highlights of the decorative tiles in the Collection are:
- Classical Style: Motifs such as Crowns, wreaths and the fabulously famous Fabergé egg, all in high definition on a cream background
- Fabergé: Motifs such as Crowns, wreaths and the fabulously famous Fabergé egg, all in high definition on a cream background
- Masterpiece tiles and works of art: Replicating works of art by Klimt, Alma-Tadema, Raphael, Botticelli and Monet on glazed ceramic tiles. Others include homage to Rennie Mackintosh, Mucha’s Art Nouveau classics, artists from the Arts & Crafts movement and Art Deco pieces
- Victorian Collection: A series of authentic Victorian designs on tiles, borders and tile sets (originally these would have been used to decorate fireplaces)
- Raised line, relief moulded and tube lined tiles: these hand decorated pieces are faithful reproductions of original pattern and created by skilled artisans in our Devon studio.
The range of plain colour tiles and trims perfectly complement the decorative tiles as well as looking stunning in their own right. The field tiles, sized 152 x 152mm (6” x 6”) have matching mouldings which are available in 23 gloriously glossy colours. There are sumptuous Platinum and Gold tiles, crackle glaze metro tiles, satin options in two colours and Antique Copper mouldings too. The exceptional reflectivity of the tiles is achieved by creating our own glazes, which ensures a unique translucence, intensity and depth. The mouldings are made, hand finished and fired in our kilns. Artworks tiles are the perfect accompaniment to our Victorian Floor Tiles range
Within the Artworks brochure you can view all the tile colours and mouldings, inspirational room sets and close ups of the tiles, and also read the history behind some of the designs. However, it’s always best to see the real thing, so to fully appreciate the translucent glazes and rich colours of the glazed tiles, the detail of the hand painting and the beauty of the designs, we recommend you visit yourlocal retailer. There you’ll find samples of the tiles and a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you with your choice.