Customer Services Advisor
Date Posted: 20 September 2021
Original Style is one of the U.K.’s leading tile manufacturers and distributors, with an extensive portfolio of high-quality ceramic, porcelain, glass, mosaic and stone tiles. Based in the South West employing around 245 members of staff, Original Style has departments in customer service, finance, manufacturing, ICT, marketing, warehousing, purchasing, human resources, and retail. Original Style also has a commercial division working with architects, developers and specifiers, supplying a variety of projects from Gin Distilleries and hotels, to supermarkets and swimming pools. Experiencing year on year growth, with products available in over 60 countries and over 2000 retail outlets worldwide, there’s never been a more exciting time to work with Original Style.
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: UK Retail and Contracts Customer Services Manager
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Original Style Customer Services Team, responsible for processing sales via telephone / fax / e-mail and dealing with customer queries resulting from sales.
- Receive telephone calls from our customers, ensuring all calls are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
- Support and liaise with the Sales Managers by answering queries relating to customer details, inputting of orders, displays and providing product ordering information
- Assisting customers with floor plans and quantity calculations.
- Responding to and solving customer problems / queries / complaints.
- Liaising with warehouse / carriers with reference to distribution.
- Input telephone, e-mail or faxed orders onto the Microsoft Business Central system, ensuring the customer details and orders are accurately entered and acknowledgements of orders are sent to customers.
- Administration of correspondence generated from proformas / invoices and distribution documentation.
- Log customer issues onto the Sales Logix system, detail all relevant communication to customers.
- Working with the team to achieve various other tasks as required.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and human resource policies and procedures of Original Style.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a confident, pleasant telephone manner.
- Be a team player.
- Have accurate keyboard skills and experience of data entry.
- Have proven customer service / sales order processing experience.
- Be enthusiastic with a desire to strive towards continuous improvement.
- Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills and CRM skills, training will be given as necessary.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures and also be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Be able to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be educated to a good standard. Basic mathematical ability essential.
- Be able to distinguish colour ranges.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF, England.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.